I know I’m not the only who has felt alone at one time or another. No matter the circumstances of life, sometimes fear, hurt, or abandonment can begin to tell us lies. Lies that many times we make agreements with and begin to carry around, burdening us even further. The truth is, it was not meant to be that way and does not have to stay that way!
Our efforts to engage our audiences and create awesome experiences will always be frustrated as long as we struggle with this issue!
A close friend of mine posted these the other day and as I read them, I found my heart being encouraged. I began to think about the story that was being told through these passages.
It is so good to be reminded of The Truer Story!
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
- Joshua 1:17 Just as we fully obeyed Moses, so we will obey you. Only may the LORD your God be with you as he was with Moses.
- Judges 6:16 The LORD answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together.”
- 1 Kings 11:38 If you do whatever I command you and walk in my ways and do what is right in my eyes by keeping my statutes and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you. I will build you a dynasty as enduring as the one I built for David and will give Israel to you.
- 1 Chronicles 28:20 David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.
- Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 43:5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
- Jeremiah 42:11 Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the LORD, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands.
- Jeremiah 46:28 Do not fear, O Jacob my servant, for I am with you,” declares the LORD. “Though I completely destroy all the nations among which I scatter you, I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you but only with justice; I will not let you go entirely unpunished.”
- Haggai 1:13 Then Haggai, the LORD’s messenger, gave this message of the LORD to the people: “I am with you,” declares the LORD.
Let me wrap up and make one final point by including an excerpt from The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge.
This much is true, we are not alone!
After reading these verses and seeing The Story being told through them, what comes to your mind?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Trackback from your site.